Tuesday, September 4, 2012

What will you sell or promote?



What will you sell or promote?
There are a number of products that you can promote and sell. This subject is a personal decision, however you should give more thought to this than any of the topics we have discussed so far. Before I talk about some of my ideas, let us talk about what appeals to you. When selecting a product, merchandise or any other item that appeals to your future customers, you yourself should be completely sold on your choice of snake oils, and charms that you choose to promote. What you choose to promote should be something you have no problem approaching a complete stranger on the street with, and trying to convince them to buy it from you. Ask yourself:  Am I sold on this? Would I buy this item over and over? Would I tell a friend about this? Would you buy this for a friend or family member? What would they think about your widget? Can you explain your widget in complete detail several different ways? Can you sell your widget several different ways. What is the benefit of your widget, and why is it so valuble to me or you?
Now that you are completely perplexed, let us talk about 1997, 98 before the internet was in everybody’s home and we could not live without the world wide web. Then you could not give the internet away, never mind sell it or market it to the masses. There where a few people that where trying to make a stab at it. I was one of them, I bet you would like to know what I was selling. Well, I am going to tell you. It was this thing called a computer. At the time, it did not fit in your pocket and you could barely call it personal. I marketed it on the web, door to door, and to businesses, well as to anybody that was within ten feet of me or maybe twenty feet, okay if you could hear my voice I was going to try to sell you a computer. I was not happy though, just selling computers I knew that information would be the key. Besides, big business was breathing down my neck. I bought this program that showed you how to put together an info packet about any subject and market it (in the form of a booklet, book or software). By the time you finished studying this program, you would be an info marketing expert. Matthew Lesko would be proud of you. If you do not know who Matthew Lesko is, google him. The reason I brought this story up is because the internet is littered with this type of marketing. If you choose to market information, make it your own.
If you choose to market tennis shoe’s, clothes, memory chips, cutlery, a business plan, information, or whatever you choose, research what others are doing with that particular widget or how others are selling what you choose to sell. Once you pick a product, the best way to find out how that product will sell on the web is by using google keywords or the google keyword search tool. This is like mining for gold and someone walks up to you and give’s you the biggest nugget you have every seen (I am talking the size of your fist big and if you have a small fist than the size of softball big). Instead of me telling you step by step how to do this, it will be easy enough for you to google it. This tool will blow your socks off.
Here is what I am doing. Every month I will be holding a drawing for $100.00.  Starting with September I will sweeten the kiddy with $200.00. Goto 1in100uwin.com for how I will conduct this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment