Saturday, September 22, 2012

How to get Traffic to your Blog Part 2



How to get Traffic to your Blog Part 2
So you have found other blogs, that either interest you or they are similiar to your blog. Now what, I hope you are reading tons of blogs, but the most important step after reading other blogs, is to comment. What should you say? I like your blog, dude kool blog, great post keep up the good work, please read my blog. I hope you do not think that those are thoughtful, awe inspiring comments, because you will not gain any friends, with those weak comments. If you comment like that, who will visit your blog? You need to stir the stew, add some salt and pepper, spice it up, maybe drop some cheddar cheese in there. Ahh yeah man now you’re cooking with Crisco. Remember you want to stay on topic, add something that shows you read their post, tell them what you like or did not like, maybe even try to get a conversation going. 
Have you ever been in a room with a few people? After the initial, hi, how are you, my name is, the conversation goes silent, and everybody is just stirring at each other. What would you say to start a lively conversation? You do not want to over power the conversation, you just want to get the juices flowing, but be respectful, remember proper etiquette will win you many friends. You have broken the water, you have got a little conversation going. The big question is, how do you let other people know about your blog? 
You do not want to drop your link in every comment you make, try to tie it in with something relevant to the blog you are reading. This should add value to the conversation and it will not make you look like a spammer, you could be creating a valuable business relationship, which brings up another point, add other links to other blogs you have read. OK, enough about commenting, every blogger that writes about commenting in blogs, has a list of do’s and don’ts, check them out, and COMMENT.
I need more traffic, I want to create a traffic jam, I want people to stop and gawk, I want some serious rubber necking. Then you need to smash something, you don’t just want to be a part of the accident, you want to be the one who caused the accident. So how do you get that kind of traffic? Well, I am going to tell you, but you will have to figure out how to pull if off. You might criticize me, or say that this idea is over the top, but I need to mention it, because it will bring mega traffic to your site. I want you to think of some famous or infamous people you know that are considered internet marketers. Think how do you know them? What did they do to become so well known?
The way the big names in this business, draw traffic to their site. They are on the radio, some get breif mentions and others are doing two to three minute spots. The really big names even get to be on TV, making their rounds on the talk show circus. I am not saying to go and get yourself a talk show, you can start by advertising in your local market. Another way is when your favorite radio station does the on location airing, you need to be there, donate something to their give aways. Radio Stations are always giving away prizes, however, I would say go big or stay home. If you do something that is news worthy, you will possible get a write up in the local or national newspaper, and that adds up to free advertisement. I am just saying, don’t just dream, Dream Bigger.
Here is what I am doing. Every month I will be holding a drawing for $100.00. Starting with September I will sweeten the kiddy with $200.00. Goto http://www.1in100uwin.com for how I will conduct this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment